The Crafting System 25: A Mako T-Shirt For Your Heart
Ness and Eris talk pens and N7 Day!
Eris has serious opinions about pens and paper
- The Pilot Metropolitan that Ness likes so much is a good example of how nibs on Japanese pens often run finer than European nibs. Pilot is a great brand for those who like a nice, narrow nib.
- I personally enjoy an inkier writing experience, so my favorite entry level pen is the Lamy Safari/AL-Star.
- My current favorite pen is my TWSBI 580 AL. I love demonstrator pens in general (a demonstrator is a pen that shows off the ink it contains).
- While we’re on the subject of ink, Ness and I have both taken a shine to J. Herbin’s Les Pereles Des Encres line for its variety of colors and the lovely shading they produce while writing. It is a very arty ink.
- If you want something that is more of a workhorse than a dressage star, Noodler’s and Diamine make a great product.
- Noodler’s Ottoman Azure is Eris’s go-to signature ink.
- You want paper recs? Oh I have got some paper recs for you!
- If you like Field Notes, their limited editions tend to have more fountain pen friendly paper. Byline and Front Page are known good ones.
- Rhodia is very popular, but I am personally not in love with it. It gets its sheen from a coating, and that feels weird under the nib to me when I’m writing. Most people love it though.
- Tomoe River paper is my jam on toast.
- Lastly, shout out to my Lihit Labs Bag-In-Bag. Bag-In-Bag is love. Bag-In-Bag is life.
They also mention:
- Voice actor strike.
- Fryda Wolff and Tom Taylorson for the Ryder siblings.
- New merch.
- NEW TRAILER
- Tons of info from Game Informer.
- BioWare blog has you covered.
- Nerd Appropriate’s Mass Effect content.