PAX Prime 2015: Dragon Fin Soup
After previewing “Dragon Fin Soup” at PAX Prime 2014, we decided to follow up with Grimm Bros. for an interview and get a sneak peak at the developments of the last year. As it turns out, “Dragon Fin Soup” is just about ready for release.
In case you don’t remember what “Dragon Fin Soup” is all about, here’s a recap:
- It’s a mix-mash RPG that combines procedurally generated 2D maps, tactical combat, rogue-like elements, and a tongue-in-cheek take on the fairy tale genre.
- There’s three different modes – Story Mode, Survival Mode, and Endless Mode.
- A Day/Night cycle and weather system effect maps and enemies.
- Pets are able to join you in battle and aid in quests. NPCs can join your team.
- There’s an extensive crafting, fishing, mining, digging, and cooking, system.
- The game was successfully funded on Kickstarter April 14, 2014 with $119,719 pledged (498% funded).
Did I mention that they’re doing a simultaneous release on Steam, PS4, PS3, and PS Vita when they launch? Because they totally are. Also, the game is is being translated and localized into English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese!
Melissa and Bell interview Hunter Strutz from Grimm Bros about Dragon Fin Soup
Can’t Talk Editor Bell contributed to this piece.